After you read the article, please answer the questions regarding your personal response to this article:
1. How do you feel about the workers in China? DO you think that it is fair that they work so hard and get paid very little money?
2. After you read the article do you feel differently about the products we buy from China?
3. What do you think America should do in order to end worker exploitation in China?
4. Why do you think that America does not build and create their own technology products here?
5. Is there any technology product that is made solely here in America? If there is a product made in America, can you name the company and the product? Where did you get this information if there is such a product?
6. What is a possible solution to this problem? Write down your ideas on how to end this unfair practice.
7. Research the reason why it is so cheap to build American products in China. Why do American companies choose to ship factory work overseas?
8. Research and find out when (historically speaking) it became popular in America to ship factory work to China. (It wasn’t always this way)
9. Would you buy an apple product if it was built in America but cost three times as much?
10. Do you feel guilty about buying products made from China. If so, explain why.
11. Do you think that shipping work overseas is contributing to the loss of work here in America? Explain your thinking.