In today’s assignment, you will be writing ten sentences in which you describe what you are grateful for in your life. Please be descriptive in the sentences you compose. Be specific about the things you are grateful for and give thanks for the profound meaning behind the life you live everyday.
1. I am grateful to have a healthy son who is funny, vibrant, energetic and very happy. His giggles and smile always brighten my day, even on gloomy, cold winter days.
2. I am thankful for my family. I am lucky to have a supportive spouse who listens to me and my problems even when he is tired and cranky. I am thankful for my mother who has always been there for me, good times and in bad.
3. I am grateful for my job and the students who brighten my day because of their hunger for learning and growth. I enjoy my job even on days when it seems that students are not learning, I know I am making small differences in their lives everyday and that is all that matters. Their learning and growth has a profound impact on the overall meaning in my life. I am thankful for my students.
4. I am grateful for my health as well as my families health. I do not have cancer, an infectious disease or permanently disabled. I can walk, talk, hear, see and smell and for all of these things, I am thankful.
5. I am grateful I live in America. I love my country and love the people who reside in it. I am thankful for my freedom of speech and religion. Living in a country where you feel safe everyday and have the freedom to choose any profession you desire and have a good shot of accomplishing your goals (if you so desire) is the best gift ever. I hold these things dear to my heart and will never take these freedoms for granted.