View this video and take notes over some facts about the Titanic. Use these facts to write your 250 word short story over The Titanic!
Point-of-View Assignment #2
- The Titanic
Due: Friday the 22nd (needs to be posted on your blog)
Read the story over, The Titanic which was handed out in class Monday the 18th. Use the facts from the story to base your fictional short story. Your story needs to be 250 words or more and needs to include dialogue. Choose one of the following perspectives to write your story:
- You are the captain of the ship
- You are the lower class passenger who will probably not get a lifeboat
- You are the engineer/stoker trying to save the ship
- You are an upper class women or child who made it into a lifeboat but your family did not
- You live in New York and are waiting for your loved one to arrive on the Titanic
- You are a father left behind on the ship while your family is safe on a lifeboat
While writing your short story ask yourself these questions:
- What happened to you?
- What did you see, feel, hear and smell happening?
- Describe the setting using similes and metaphors!
- Use dialogue to describe the emotions of your character!
- Remember to re-read your writing and check for correct spelling, punctuation and grammar!